Monday, March 2, 2009

Nursery Progress! And little limbs!

Today was so amazing! I was sitting at work when all of a sudden I felt a little push from the inside. I put my hand down to feel and when I did she moved it back. I am assuming it was her leg stretching out. It was so cool. I have mostly felt punches and kicks with the occasional push but today was different. Then for about 10 minutes I sat at my desk feeling, both from the inside and with my hand, Karsyn moving her leg back and forth. It was absolutly AMAZING! This is probably one of the best things I have experienced this pregnancy! At our last ultrasound at 24 weeks 5 days they measured her weight to be 1 lb. 9 oz. but her arms and legs were measuring almost 2 weeks ahead. Jeromy and I were joking that she will probably be 6 lbs. 5 oz. and 22 inches long at birth. :)

After all the paint color debates we finally started the nursery this weekend. We taped and painted the green on Saturday night and then Jeromy and John (Holly's boyfriend) painted the pink on Sunday. We still have to retape for the brown stripe and paint the brown cirlces. I am so happy with the way that everything turned out and Jeromy did such an amazing job! He has really been into getting the nursery put together. I think that maybe his nesting has set in. The details of the decorations are still coming together. I bought the letters for the wall and the curtain rod but my mom and I have to go this weekend to buy the material for the curtains. We tried to go this weekend but the store closed 10 minutes before we got there! We are going to go with a sheer solid pink. The glider/ottoman will be in this week and the changer/hutch should be shipping out later this month. I will keep updating with new pictures as we get things completed and together. Thank you to John for all of his help!







Here is the green all dried. I actually helped paint this on Saturday night. I love the color. I am much happier with it then I could have imagined!




Jeromy hard at work. Notice his painting friend on the window seal. "Mr. Miller" was such a great helper. :)

Here is John hard at work.

Here is Jeromy showing off his hard work.

Here is the final product of what they acomplished. I LOVE the way that it looks so far. I can't wait to go home tonight and finish it up.....well....supervise Jeromy anyway while he finishes. :)
And to end this post. Here is a picture of my belly from the front from over the weekend. I guess it does look kind of fake. LOL!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren:

I really like the paint colors...can't wait to see the final result! It sure seems like she will be here before you know it.

Tina