Thursday, March 26, 2009

30 weeks yesterday

Yesterday marked the official point of 30 weeks pregnant. WOW! That just seems so crazy to me that I have less than 10 weeks left! I am so anxious to meet Karsyn but she needs to stay in there for at least 7 more weeks to grow. :)

Along with 30 weeks I welcomed a whole new level of feeling uncomfortable. I am not trying to complain. I really do LOVE being pregnant but the last few days have been miserable and I know that it gets harder as the end draws closer. My back is constantly killing me. Right now at work I have a pillow propped up for the middle part of my back, leaning far back in my chair with my feet propped up on a box. I look real professional right now. LOL! Luckily my boss is wonderful and she knows that I am uncomfortable and exhausted. I also constantly walk around with the taste of puke in my mouth. Sorry if that is TMI but seriously it is annoying and gross for me too! I never feel like my food is settled and most days I am full from lunch time until 9pm. But don't worry....even through my extreme fullness I still manage to eat 4-6 cookies each afternoon. :)

Something else that has blown me away and actually made me call my dr's office today is the Braxton Hicks contractions. I don't really remember having these with Kara. This pregnancy though I began noticing them around 25 weeks or so. They are uncomfortable and sometimes take my breath away. Last night though they were definately different and this is what caused the concern. I had noticed earlier in the evening that I had a couple that were more painful than normal but last night I was awoken from my sleep with a contraction that hurt so badly. I tried to get up to use the restroom but couldn't move. I couldn't even wake Jeromy up to tell him until after it passed. I seriously haven't felt pain like that since I was in labor with Kara. I fell back asleep but then a few minutes later I had another one. Well after that I was scared that they would keep coming so I just laid there waiting. Luckily I didn't have anymore but I did call my dr's office to let them know. Dr. Garner was out of the office today so he is supposed to call me tomorrow but the dr. that I talked to did tell me that if I feel them that painful again to go straight to L&D to make sure nothing was going on. Crazy to think about but hopefully they were just a fluke and won't happen again. (Maybe dinner last night was too spicy for Karsyn!) Please just keep us in your thoughts.

Well, that sums it up. I was supposed to chapperone Kara's field trip to the zoo tomorrow but it was rescheduled yet again due to rain! I was really looking forward to having a 3 day weekend and going with her but I will be excited to go with her next month.

No comments: