Thursday, December 3, 2009

A quick Trip with 5 generations

After we checked out of the hotel on the 22nd from Kara's birthday party the girls and I headed home to pack the car. We had decided to make a quick 3 day trip to Houston to visit my family. My Aunt Dana, Uncle Bill and cousin Brayden live in Pearland and my Nanie and Nana were there visiting from Corpus Christi. It really isn't a bad drive....about 4 hours normally......so when Kara gets a holiday week I like to try to make a quick trip there to hang out and visit with them. This was only the 2nd time they met Karsyn....she was 6 weeks old our last trip in July....so they were so happy to see her and see how much she had grown.

The drive Sunday wasn't terrible but there was more traffic than normal and we also had to stop for 45 minutes at Buckee's (which is the GREATEST road stop ever off of 45!) to change Karsyn's diaper, use the restroom and grab a bite to eat.....they also make fresh fudge! It is delicious! So it ended up taking about 5 hours to get there but once we were there we were able to relax and visit with everyone. That evening Dana, Brayden, Nikki (Brayden's girlfriend), Kara, Karsyn and I went to see New Moon. It was a really great movie that we all enjoyed. Karsyn did really well in the movies. I nursed her and then she pretty much slept for the entire thing. Now I am anxiously awaiting for Eclipse in July.


Monday we did a little shopping for the girls at an outdoor town center and the weather was perfect. Sunny, in the 70's with a cool breeze.....perfect for walking around outside. I also found a perfect pair of skinny leg jeans at Ann Taylor Loft that I am really excited about.....I can finally wear all of those boots I bought! :) Monday evening I wasn't feeling very well and felt like I was coming down with a cold so I went to bed fairly early.


Tuesday Dana and I left the kids with Nanie and Nana and headed to an amazing Scrapbook store in Clearlake....By Design Scrapbook Boutique. I scored some awesome things for Karsyn's scrapbook. It is getting so hard in Dallas to find scrapbook supplies so it was nice to find things that I hadn't ever seen. When we got back it was time to load the car and head home. I was feeling terrible and was running a fever but I was afraid if I didn't leave then that I would be too sick the next day to drive. So we headed home for a LONG drive! It took us about 5 1/2-6 hours to get home and I got a ticket on the way back....BOO....for speeding.


One of the things that I find the neatest about my family is that we have 5 generations! My great grandmother is 88 years old! She says the funniest things and keeps everyone on their toes. It is really nice that my children can say that they have a great-great grandmother. Here is a picture of 5 generations. This picture includes: My Nana (1st generation), My Nanie (2nd generation), Aunt Dana (3rd generation), Me (4th generation) and Kara&Karsyn (5th generation). There are a lot of other family members not pictured but this is 5 generations all together.....pretty incredible!
Here is 15 year old cousin Brayden with Kara and Karsyn. Isn't he handsome?!? :)

We had a great time and I am looking forward to seeing them again....hopfully sooner than later!

No comments: